Garden Stuffed Potatoes
- 2 large Russet baking potatoes
- 1 to 2 green onions (the white and part of the green), finely chopped
- 1/4 cup nonfat or light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon whipped butter or less-fat margarine
- Black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian herb blend
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat, shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1 cup cooked, chopped broccoli florets
1. Microwave or oven-bake potatoes until tender (don't forgot to stab with a fork a few times before cooking). Meanwhile, in a medium-sized bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients (except broccoli) with a fork.
2. Carefully cut potatoes in half and scoop out the center, leaving about 1/2 inch of potato around the skin. Add the scooped-out potato and the broccoli pieces to the mixture in the bowl. Mix with fork, then spoon into potato halves.
3. Microwave each potato half on HIGH for about 1 minute or broil all the potato halves until lightly brown on top.
Per serving: 205 calories, 10 g protein, 32 g carbohydrate, 5 g fat, 3 g saturated fat. 15 mg cholesterol, 4 g fiber, 150 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 21%.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Last Editorial Review: 2/14/2006