This can be a side dish, a filling for your omelet, frittata, or quiche, or a topping for meat.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or canola oil
- 2 cups sliced crimini mushrooms
- 1 portabella mushroom, chopped, about 2 cups
- 1/2 red bell pepper, insides removed, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 green onions, white and part of green, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried herb of choice or 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh herb
- Salt and pepper to taste (optional)
1. Add oil to large nonstick frying pan or skillet over high heat. Add mushrooms and red pepper and saute for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Stir in garlic and green onions. Continue to cook and stir for a couple of minutes longer.
3. Stir in the herb of your choice, and add salt and pepper to taste.
Per serving: 54 calories, 2 g protein, 5 g carbohydrate, 3.5 g fat, 0.3 g saturated fat, 1.5 g fiber, 4 mg sodium (not including added salt). Calories from fat: 58%.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Last Editorial Review: 2/14/2006