Savory Sugar Snap Peas (or Green Beans)
- 1/2 pound sugar snap peas or green beans (trim off the ends)
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt to taste (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place snap peas in a single layer in a 9x9-inch square or round baking dish. Drizzle olive oil over the top of the snap peas and toss to coat the beans.
2. Sprinkle the shallots, Italian seasoning and salt (if desired). Bake until tender but still firm (6-8 minutes).
Per serving: 48 calories, 1.5 g protein, 5.5 g carbohydrate, 2.3 g fat, 0.3 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 2 g fiber, 2 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 42%.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Last Editorial Review: 2/14/2006