Cakes, Cookies and Other Desserts
Chardonnay Spice Cake Recipe
- 1 box (18.25 oz) white cake mix
- 1 package (5 oz) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 3/4 cup Chardonnay (or other white wine)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray the inside of a Bundt pan with canola cooking spray, then dust with about 2 tablespoons of flour.
2. Add cake mix, vanilla pudding mix, and nutmeg to mixing bowl and beat with electric mixer on LOW speed to blend well.
3. Add the sour cream, wine, eggs, and egg substitute to mixing bowl and beat with mixer on medium speed for 5 minutes (scraping sides and bottom of bowl after a minute).
4. Pour into prepared Bundt pan and bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cake cool on rack in pan for 10 minutes. Invert pan on serving plate carefully to release the cake. Serve.
Per serving: 259 calories, 5 g protein, 48 g carbohydrate, 5.5 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 2.3 g monounsaturated fat, 1.9 g polyunsaturated fat, 35 mg cholesterol, 0.6 g fiber, 440 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 23%.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Last Editorial Review: 2/14/2006