Santa Fe Chilled Nectarine Soup
- 2 lbs (8 small) nectarines, cut up
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 cup cranberry cocktail juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
1. Combine nectarines with juices, salt, pepper flakes and vinegar in electric blender.
2. Whirl until smooth and blended. Add cilantro leaves and whirl in a stop-and-go fashion a few seconds, just to chop.
5 (1-cup) servings
Per serving: 162 calories, 2 g protein, 1 g fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 39 g carbohydrates, 4 g fiber, 195 mg sodium. Calories From Fat 6%.
SOURCE: California Tree Fruit Agreement.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Last Editorial Review: 2/14/2006