Quickie Garlic & Herb Crescent Rolls
These are so easy to make, and the recipe is easily doubled. (No need to butter these rolls; they taste great all by themselves).
- 1 pop-can Reduced Fat Crescent Rolls
- 2 1/2 tablespoons no- or low-trans-fat margarine with 8 grams of fat per tablespoon (Take Control®, Land O' Lakes Buttery Taste Spread® in tub, etc.)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Mrs. Dash® Garlic & Herb no salt seasoning
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped chives (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Add margarine, Mrs. Dash®, and chives (if desired) to 1-cup measure. Blend well with fork or spoon.
3. Open pop can and, one by one, unroll the crescent roll dough and lay them flat on a work surface. Spread about a teaspoon of the margarine mixture over each of the triangles of dough (using a small spoon), then roll into crescents (start from the bottom of the triangle and roll toward the tip). Place on cookie or baking sheet.
4. Bake for 11-13 minutes or until nicely brown and cooked throughout.
Per serving: 125 calories, 2 g protein, 13 g carbohydrate, 7 g fat (1.3 g saturated fat), 0 mg cholesterol, 256 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 50%.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Last Editorial Review: 2/14/2006