Sweet Potatoes & Carrots a L'orange
- 2 cups thinly sliced sweet potatoes (1 large)
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange peel, grated
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoon slivered almonds or pecan pieces
1. Boil or steam sweet potatoes and carrots until tender throughout. When they are almost finished cooking, heat orange juice to boiling in saucepan.
2. Add the orange peel and lemon juice.
3. Dissolve the cornstarch in the 1 tablespoon water and add to orange mixture. Continue to heat, stirring until thickened.
4. Remove vegetables from pan and place in serving dish. Drizzle orange sauce over it and sprinkle nuts on top.
Per serving: Calories 101, fat 2 g, fiber 4 g, cholesterol 0 mg, sodium 23 mg, carbohydrates 73%, protein 8%, fat 19%.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Last Editorial Review: 2/14/2006