Vegetable Garlic Saute
Substitute any vegetable you like for any of those listed below.
- 2 1/2 cups Brussels sprouts with loose outer leaves removed, cut in half (about 1/2 pound)
- 2 1/2 cups yellow squash or zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 large tomato (or 2 small), diced
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon shredded or grated Parmesan cheese
1. Put Brussels sprouts, squash, and a couple tablespoons of water in a microwave-safe dish and microwave on HIGH until vegetables are lightly cooked. Drain well.
2. Add oil and garlic to large nonstick frying pan or skillet and heat over medium heat for 1-2 minutes. Stir in the Brussels sprouts, squash, and tomato. Saute for a few minutes, or until vegetables reach desired doneness. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the top and serve.
Per serving: 94 calories, 4 g protein, 11 g carbohydrate, 5 g fat, 0.8 g saturated fat, 0.6 mg cholesterol, 5 g fiber, 26 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 44%.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Last Editorial Review: 2/14/2006