Candied Orange Beans Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 4 cups lima beans (large, cooked), drained
- Ginger, cinnamon, or nutmeg to taste
1. In a large skillet, melt butter.
2. Stir in honey and orange peel.
3. Add beans; cook and stir gently until glazed.
4. Flavor with spices.
Per serving: Calories 150, fat 3 g, calories from fat 15%, cholesterol 2 mg, fiber 4 g, sodium 30 mg, protein 5 g.
SOURCE: Produce for Better Health.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Last Editorial Review: 2/14/2006