Easy Three-Bean Salad
- 1 can (16 oz) low-sodium cut green beans, drained
- 1 can (about 15 oz) low-sodium red kidney beans, drained
- 1 can (about 16 oz) low-sodium garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 onion (small), sliced and separated into rings
- Salad greens
- Grated peel of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2/3 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
1. In a jar with a lid, combine the lemon peel, lemon juice, and water with the dressing mix; shake well.
2. Add oil and shake well again.
3. In a large bowl, combine the beans and onion; pour dressing over and mix well.
4. Cover and chill. Serve on salad greens.
Per serving: Calories 194, fat 1g, calories from fat 5%, cholesterol 0 mg, fiber 10 g, sodium 1,036 mg, protein 9 g.
SOURCE: Produce for Better Health/Sunkist Growers.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Last Editorial Review: 2/14/2006