50/50 Fruit Salad (Or Fruit Dip)
Remember those 50/50 orange-and-cream bars? They were the inspiration for this recipe.
- 1 package (1.4 ounces) sugar-free and fat-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat milk
- 5 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 2 cups melon cubes or balls (honeydew, cantaloupe, watermelon, etc.)
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 2 apples, cored and sliced
- 2 oranges, peeled and broken into segments
- 2 peaches, nectarines or pears, cored and sliced
1. Put pudding mix, milk, and orange juice concentrate in mixing bowl and beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Beat in or mix in sour cream.
2. Serve the orange dip with prepared fruit. Or make a dressed fruit salad by adding all the fruits to a large serving bowl. Pour orange dressing over the top and toss gently to blend. Serve immediately, or cover and keep in refrigerator until ready to serve.
8-10 cups of fruit salad
Per cup of fruit salad and dip (if 8 cups per recipe): 162 calories, 4 g protein, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fat, 0.4 g saturated fat, 2 mg cholesterol, 3.5 g fiber, 35 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 6%.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Last Editorial Review: 2/14/2006