Smoked Salmon Egg Salad Filled Tomato
This egg salad is just as delicious served with whole-grain crackers, but it is beautiful served in hollowed-out tomatoes.
- 4 large hard-boiled eggs (use higher omega-3 eggs, if available); shells removed, chopped
- 2 small stalks celery, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 4 ounces diced smoked salmon
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed (dried) or 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 medium tomatoes, tops cut off and hollowed out
1. In a medium bowl, combine chopped eggs, celery, onion, salmon, and mayonnaise.
2. Season with dill, salt, and pepper. Refrigerate at least 2 hours to allow flavors to combine.
3. Spoon egg mixture into hollowed-out tomatoes. Cover well and refrigerate until ready to serve.
8 filled tomatoes (4 servings)
Per serving: 188 calories, 13 g protein, 9 g carbohydrate, 11 g fat (2.8 g saturated fat, 4.6 g monounsaturated fat, 3.2 g polyunsaturated fat), 218 mg cholesterol, 2 g fiber, 414 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 53%.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Last Editorial Review: 2/14/2006