Egg & Cucumber Tea Sandwiches
- 2 large hard-boiled eggs (use higher-omega-3 eggs, if available), cooled and peeled
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fat-free half-and-half
- 1/2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- Freshly ground pepper and salt to taste
- 4 small slices of 100% whole-wheat bread
- About 2/3 cup thinly sliced English cucumber, with or without peel
- 2 teaspoons less-fat margarine (such as Take Control®, with 8 grams of fat per tablespoon)
1. Grate or chop the eggs and put them in a small bowl.
2. Stir in the mayonnaise, half-and-half, and fresh mint, and stir well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Spread mixture on two slices of the bread. Top with the sliced cucumber.
4. Spread a teaspoon of less-fat margarine on one side of the remaining slices of bread. Top the egg mixture with the margarine side of these bread slices to make 2 sandwiches. Cut each into 4 triangles and serve.
2 sandwiches (4 tea triangles each)
Per sandwich: 300 calories, 14 g protein, 36 g carbohydrate, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat, 3.8 g monounsaturated fat, 2.2 g polyunsaturated fat), 212 mg cholesterol, 5 g fiber, 500 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 33%.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Last Editorial Review: 2/14/2006