Tangy Skillet Chicken
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh or bottled minced garlic
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (unfold the tenderloin area to make the breast as flat as possible)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons Meyer lemon juice (or substitute regular lemon juice)
- 4 tablespoon water, chicken broth, or white wine
1. Add olive oil to a large, nonstick skillet and begin to heat over medium-high heat.
2. When hot (a minute or two), add garlic and chicken breasts (placing them so they are nice and flat and covering the olive oil in the bottom of the skillet). Brown for two-three minutes, sprinkle the top with pepper, then flip to brown the other side for two to three minutes.
3. Turn heat down to LOW and drizzle the lemon juice and water, chicken broth, or wine over the top. Cover skillet immediately and cook until chicken is cooked throughout (about 15 more minutes).
4. Serve the chicken with or without the lemon broth in the bottom of the skillet.
Per serving (with broth from pan): 188 calories, 27 g protein, 2 g carbohydrate, 7.5 g fat (1.5 g saturated fat, 4.4 g monounsaturated fat, 1 g polyunsaturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 0.1 g fiber, 64 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 37%.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Last Editorial Review: 2/14/2006