Sweet Potato Pancakes
- 6 cups peeled and finely shredded sweet potatoes
- 1 cup finely shredded onions
- 1 teaspoon no-salt herb blend
- 1 2/3 cup unbleached flour
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 cups finely shredded zucchini
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups egg substitute
- 6 teaspoons canola oil, divided
1. In a large bowl, mix the sweet potatoes, zucchini, onions, lemon juice, herb blend, egg, flour, and parsley.
2. In a large no-stick frying pan or griddle over medium-high heat, warm 2 teaspoons of the oil. Drop a large tablespoon of the batter into the pan and spread it with a spatula to form a thin pancake. Add more batter to fill the pan without crowding the pancakes.
3. Cook for about 2 minutes per side, or until golden and crispy.
4. Remove from the pan and keep warm. Repeat, adding the remaining 4 teaspoons of oil as needed, until all the batter has been used.
Per serving: Calories 294, Fat 4 g, Calories from Fat 12%, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fiber 6 g, Sodium 80 mg.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Last Editorial Review: 2/14/2006