Chicken Parmesan Pizza
I've crafted a higher-fiber pizza crust using oat bran, whole-wheat flour and white flour, and lots of pizza sauce accompanying the roasted chicken breast and parmesan cheese toppings.
- Bread Machine Pizza Crust Ingredients:
- 3/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon warm water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup unbleached white flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 packet rapid rise or active dry yeast (1/2 ounce or 2 teaspoons)
- Topping Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups bottled pizza sauce (or substitute marinara sauce)
- 2 cups shredded skinless, roasted chicken breast
- 1 1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions (white and part of green)
1. Place ingredients in bread machine pan in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Close the lid and select the DOUGH cycle (usually 1 hour, 40 minutes), and press START.
2. At the end of the cycle, remove dough from pan, dust the dough lightly with flour, and let rest 15 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees. Stretch dough out to fit your pizza pan (about 14 inches round, or a 9x13-inch rectangle).
3. Spread 1 1/2 cups of pizza sauce over the dough and arrange chicken on top of the sauce. Sprinkle mozzarella and Parmesan cheese and green onions (if desired) over the top. Bake 15-20 minutes or until crust is lightly browned on the bottom and cheese is nice and bubbly.
Per serving: 550 calories, 45 g protein, 54 g carbohydrate, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat, 7 g monounsaturated fat, 2 g polyunsaturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 7 g fiber, 900 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 26%.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Last Editorial Review: 2/14/2006