Chilled Cucumber Yogurt Soup
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 4 large seedless cucumbers (about 1 lb each)
- 1 1/2 quarts low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Optional garnishes:
- smoked salmon, diced
- cucumber, sliced thin
- radishes, sliced
- rye bread croutons
- fresh dill
1. Peel cucumbers and cut into chunks.
2. Place in food processor and process until pureed.
3. Transfer mixture to large bowl.
4. Add yogurt, dill, garlic and seasoning; stir until blended.
5. Chill until served.
Per serving: 97 calories, 7 g protein, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 1 g fiber, 25% Daily Value of calcium, 476 mg sodium.
SOURCE: National Dairy Council.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Last Editorial Review: 2/14/2006