Mac and Cheese Casserole Cups
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 3 cups skim milk
- 2 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 12 ounces (1 1/2 cups) reduced-fat, mild shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup light shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In medium saucepan, slowly add 1 cup of milk to flour, stirring constantly until all lumps have dissolved. Add the remaining milk, stirring thoroughly. Place on stove and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens.
3. Add 1 cup of the cheddar, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese; stir until blended.
4. Add macaroni, stirring gently to coat well.
5. Line muffin tin with paper muffin cups and place one scoop of mac and cheese mixture into each muffin cup. Top with reserved 1/2 cup shredded cheddar.
6. Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Per serving: 260 calories, 18 g protein, 22 g carbohydrate, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 1 g fiber, 40% Daily Value of calcium, 440 mg sodium.
SOURCE: National Dairy Council.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Last Editorial Review: 2/14/2006