Cilantro Yogurt Dip
Straining yogurt gives you a no-fat version of sour cream with a light tang that blends nicely with cilantro. Try it with chili and other spicy dishes as well.
- 2 cups plain nonfat yogurt
- 1/4 cup finely minced cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Line a large strainer with a coffee filter or paper towel and place over a mixing bowl.
2. Pour in yogurt and let sit until some of the liquid has drained away and the yogurt is the consistency of sour cream, about one hour.
3. Transfer to small mixing bowl; stir in salt and cilantro.
about 1 & 1/2 cups
Per serving: 14 calories, 1.6 g protein, 2.25 g carbohydrate, 0 g fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 4% Daily Value of calcium, 22 mg sodium.
SOURCE: National Dairy Council.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Last Editorial Review: 2/14/2006