Appetizers & Snacks
Confetti Quesadillas with Cilantro Yogurt Dip
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Straining yogurt gives you a no-fat version of sour cream with a light tang that blends nicely with cilantro. Try it with chili and other spicy dishes as well.
- 12 soft corn tortillas
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim Colby cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh corn kernels or black beans
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 1 red bell pepper, finely minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely minced
- Cilantro Yogurt Dip (see 'Cold sauces' recipes)
1. Preheat large skillet over low heat.
2. Line up six tortillas.
3. Divide cheese, corn, cilantro and peppers between the tortillas, then cover each with a second tortilla.
4. Place a tortilla on the dry skillet or grill and warm until cheese is melted and tortilla is slightly golden, about three minutes.
5. Flip and cook other side until golden, about one minute.
6. Cut into wedges and serve.
7. Repeat with remaining quesadillas.
8. Serve each wedge with a dollop of cilantro yogurt dip.
Per serving of confetti quesadillas only:
209 calories, 11 g protein, 25 g carbohydrate, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 30% Daily Value of calcium, 399 mg sodium.
Per serving of cilandro yogurt dip only:
14 calories, 1.6 g protein, 2.25 g carbohydrate, 0 g fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 4% Daily Value of calcium, 22 mg sodium.
SOURCE: National Dairy Council.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Last Editorial Review: 2/14/2006