Cinnamon Swirl Yogurt French Toast
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 2 whole medium eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 8 pieces cinnamon swirl bread
16 ounces fat-free plain yogurt
5 tablespoons maple syrup
2 cups coarsely chopped fresh fruit (such as grapes, strawberries, oranges, blueberries, peaches)
1. Combine the topping ingredients, except for fruit, in small mixing bowl. Refrigerate.
2. In a medium bowl, beat together eggs, milk, and cinnamon.
3. Preheat a nonstick skillet over medium heat and lightly coat with nonstick cooking spray.
4. Dip each piece of bread into the egg mixture and coat thoroughly.
5. Place in skillet and cook for about 2 minutes on each side.
6. To serve, cut warm French toast on the diagonal. Arrange on plate. Top with fruit, then the yogurt mixture.
Quick Tip: To reduce prep time, use frozen French toast. Note: nutritional information may change.
Per Serving: 400 calories, 21 g protein, 67 g carbohydrate, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 35% Daily Value of calcium, 440 mg sodium.
SOURCE: National Dairy Council.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Last Editorial Review: 2/14/2006