Refreshing Blended Drinks (smoothies, milkshakes)
Prep time: 3 minutes
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen berries, such as strawberries, blueberries, or raspberries
- 1 ripe banana, sliced
- 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 3 teaspoons sugar or artificial sweetener
- 1 cup ice
1. Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor.
2. Blend until smooth. Serve chilled.
3. Extra portions can be refrigerated or frozen for a fast, healthy snack.
Per serving: 220 calories, 8 g protein, 42 g carbohydrate, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 25% Daily Value of calcium, 4 g fiber, 95 mg sodium.
SOURCE: National Dairy Council.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Last Editorial Review: 2/14/2006