Easy French Bread Pizza
- 2 French-bread sandwich rolls, split in half
- Olive oil or canola cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1/2 cup bottled pizza sauce (or substitute marinara sauce)
- 3/4 cup shredded, reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded, part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Assorted vegetable toppings:
- Chopped green onions
- Tomato slices
- Zucchini slices
- Mushroom slices
- Artichoke hearts
- Sliced olives
1. Preheat broiler.
2. Spray the tops of the French-bread roll halves with canola or olive oil cooking spray, then sprinkle the Italian seasoning over the top of each.
3. Broil bread halves until lightly brown on top (watch carefully).
4. Spread 1/8 cup pizza sauce over each half, then sprinkle 1/4 of the cheddar cheese and 1/4 of the mozzarella over each bread half.
5. Arrange any vegetables you choose on top of the cheese.
6. Broil until the cheese is melted and bubbly (about 2 minutes).
Per serving (without the vegetable toppings): 189 calories, 12 g protein, 20 g carbohydrate, 6.5 g fat (4.3 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 2 g fiber, 430 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 36%.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Last Editorial Review: 2/14/2006