- Canola cooking spray
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled baking potatoes, cut into
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil (canola oil if possible)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic (or 4 garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped Italian or regular
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a 9"x13" baking pan with canola cooking spray.
2. Combine first 3 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag, tossing to coat.
3. Arrange potatoes in a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes or until potatoes are tender and golden brown, turning after 20 minutes.
4. Place butter and garlic in a large nonstick skillet; cook over low heat 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add potatoes, parsley, and Parmesan cheese to pan; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 256 calories, 6 g protein, 42.3 g carbohydrate, 7.7 g fat (3.3 g saturated fat, 2 g monounsaturated fat, 2 g polyunsaturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 3.5 g fiber, 243 mg sodium, 55 mg calcium. Calories from fat: 27%.
SOURCE: Magee, E. Fry Light, Fry Right!, Black Dog & Leventhal, September 2004.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Last Editorial Review: 2/14/2006