Quick and Light Greek Salad
- 3 cucumbers, halved, seeds removed, and sliced (remove peel if desired)
- 3/4 cup crumbled, reduced-fat feta cheese (or substitute blue cheese)
- 1/2 cup sliced, canned black olives, drained
- 3 cups diced Roma tomatoes (or another type of vine-ripened tomato, or cherry tomato halves)
- 1/3 cup julienne sun-dried tomatoes, oil only lightly drained off (you want some oil because this is the dressing)
- 2/3 cup chopped red onion
1. Add all the ingredients to a salad bowl and gently toss.
2. Cover bowl and chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Per serving: 80 calories, 4 g protein, 9 g carbohydrate, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat, 1 g monounsaturated fat, 0.3 g polyunsaturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 2.1 g fiber, 205 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 41%.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Last Editorial Review: 2/14/2006