Light Ramen® Salad
- 1/2 cup toasted, sliced, or slivered almonds
- 4 cups shredded cabbage or lettuce for slaw, about 1/2 pound (packages are available in most supermarkets
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 3 green onions, white and part of the green, sliced on the diagonal
- 1 package chicken or beef flavor Top Ramen® (3 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup or honey
- 1/4 cup apple juice (any fruit juice or nectar can be used)
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- Seasoning packet from the Top Ramen® package (see below).
1. Add all dressing ingredients to a food processor or medium bowl. Pulse or whisk until well-blended.
2. Add the salad ingredients (including the dry Top Ramen® noodles, broken into bite-size pieces) to a salad serving bowl and toss.
3. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and gently toss. Serve!
Per serving: 231 calories, 5 g protein, 25.5 g carbohydrate, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat, 6.5 g monounsaturated fat, 3.5 g polyunsaturated fat), 0 mg cholesterol, 4 g fiber, 391 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 46%.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Last Editorial Review: 2/14/2006