Roasted Garlic Potatoes
The original recipe called for a stick of margarine. We have cut this to 3 tablespoons, and are using a no-fat or low-trans fat margarine with around 8 grams of fat per tablespoon (kosher versions are available). If you want to make half a recipe, pour the potato mixture into a 9-inch, deep-dish pie plate and bake for the same amount of time.
- 4 pounds small new red-skinned potatoes, scrubbed (if you use larger red potatoes, just cut them in half)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons dill weed (dried)
- 1 whole garlic bulb; separate the cloves and peel them
- 3 tablespoons no-fat or low-trans fat margarine (with 8 grams fat per tablespoon), melted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, tossing to coat the potatoes well.
3. Pour mixture into a 9x13-inch baking dish and use a scraper to scrape all the margarine and seasonings from the sides of the bowl, drizzling over the potatoes in pan.
4. Bake for about 1 1/2 hours or until potatoes are cooked throughout and lightly browned.
Per serving: 121 calories, 4 g protein, 20 g carbohydrate, 2.2 g fat (0.4 g saturated fat, 0.5 g monounsaturated fat, 0.9 g polyunsaturated fat), 0 mg cholesterol, 2.6 g fiber, 200 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 16%.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Last Editorial Review: 2/14/2006