Cakes, Cookies and Other Desserts
Chewy, Chippy, Chocolate Cookies
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons fat-free cream cheese
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup white sugar (Splenda® can be substituted)
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 3/4 cup white or whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. In mixing bowl, cream together butter, cream cheese, and brown and white sugars. Add egg substitute and beat well
3. Add flour, soda, salt, and vanilla to butter mixture and beat until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips, oatmeal, and nuts if desired. Blend thoroughly.
4. Use a cookie scoop to drop cookie dough onto a cookie sheet coated with canola cooking spray. To make a flatter cookie, spray the bottom of a flat-bottomed glass with canola cooking spray and press onto the cookie dough balls.
5. Bake in center of oven until lightly golden (about 8 minutes.) Remove cookies and let cool on wire rack.
22 large cookies
Per cookie: 134 calories, 2 g protein, 19 g carbohydrate, 6 g fat (3.5 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 1 g fiber, 135 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 40%.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Last Editorial Review: 2/14/2006