Appetizers & Snacks
Football in a Blanket Bites
- 1 can refrigerated reduced-fat crescent rolls
- About five lower-fat turkey franks (such as bun-length Louis Rich®)
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Unroll roll dough; separate into eight triangles. Cut each triangle in half to make two triangles.
2. Cut each hot dog into three pieces, about 2 inches each (depending on the length of the hot dog)
3. Place each hot dog piece in the center of one of the small triangles of dough and wrap the dough around the hot dog. Place on nonstick baking sheet. Repeat with remaining crescent dough and turkey franks.
4. Bake for 11 to 13 minutes or until dough is golden brown.
5. Serve these with ketchup, mustard, or even BBQ sauce.
16 Bites (8 servings)
Per serving: 270 calories, 11 g protein, 22 g carbohydrate, 15 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 0 g fiber, 990 mg sodium, and 50% calories from fat.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Last Editorial Review: 2/14/2006