Refreshing Blended Drinks (smoothies, milkshakes)
Shamrock Soy Shake
- 1/2 cup low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt or light ice cream
- 1/2 cup soy milk (low-fat milk can also be used)
- 1/16 mint extract
- 2 drops green food coloring
1. Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend on medium speed until nice and smooth.
2. Pour into a short glass and serve with a spoon or straw.
Per serving (values will vary based on the brand of ice cream and soy milk used): 162 calories, 6.5 g protein, 21 g carbohydrate, 6.5 g fat (2.7 g saturated fat, 1.2 g monounsaturated fat, 1.7 g polyunsaturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 1.6 g fiber, 77 mg sodium. Calories from fat: around 35%.
SOURCE: Magee,E. the HRT-free Cookbook, Avery, June 2004
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Last Editorial Review: 2/14/2006