Easy Baked Apples
- 1 apple (green or red)
- 1 tablespoon of softened butter or canola margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans or walnuts
1. Remove the core of the apple with an apple corer and slice 1/4 inch off of the apple bottom (to make a flat bottom). Place apple upright in a microwave save soup or salad bowl.
2. Blend 1 tablespoon of softened butter or canola margarine, 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1 tablespoon maple syrup, and 3 tablespoons chopped pecans or walnuts together in a custard cup.
3. Fill the core of the apple with the mixture (there is enough to fill 3 apples). Cover apple with plastic wrap and microwave on HIGH until apple is tender (about 3 minutes).
Per serving: 224 calories, 2.5 g protein, 37 g carbohydrate, 9 g fat (2.8 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 4.5 g fiber, 39 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 34%.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Last Editorial Review: 2/14/2006