This is a colorful, fun way to sneak a serving or two of fruit into the brunch or dinner meal. Other fruits can be substituted for any of the kabob ingredients listed.
- 2 kiwi, sliced in quarters
- 1 cup thick banana slices
- 1/2 cup seedless grapes
- 1 cup watermelon balls or cubes
1. Put kiwi quarters, banana slices, grapes, watermelon balls, and marshmallows into separate serving bowls.
2. Make 4 kabobs by sliding a series of kabob ingredients on a bamboo skewer; for example: a banana slice, then a grape, then a kiwi quarter, then a watermelon ball, and so forth.
Arrange kabobs on a platter.
Per kabob: 85 calories, 1.2 g protein, 21 g carbohydrate, 0.6 g fat (0 g saturated fat), 0 mg cholesterol, 2 g fiber, 3.5 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 6%.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Last Editorial Review: 2/14/2006