I Love You Toast
- 4 pieces of bread (100% whole wheat or Iron Kids® Bread)
- 1/4 cup light cream cheese
- About 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup light strawberry or raspberry jam
1. Toast bread slices to desired doneness. (Young kids will need a grown-up to watch the toaster).
2. Spread about 1 tablespoon of light cream cheese over the entire top of each piece of toast using a plastic knife.
3. Make a heart in the center of the toast, using about 1/8 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries for the outside of the heart, on each piece of toast.
4. Spoon jam into the middle of the heart (about 1 tablespoon per toast).
Per slice: 162 calories, 5 g protein, 27.5 g carbohydrate, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7.5 mg cholesterol, 3 g fiber, 253 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 22%.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Last Editorial Review: 2/14/2006