Tips To Help You Eat Fruits
- Keep a bowl of whole fruit on the table, counter, or
in the refrigerator.
- Refrigerate cut-up fruit to store for later.
- Buy fresh fruits in season when they may be less
expensive and at their peak flavor.
- Buy fruits that are dried, frozen, and canned (in
water or juice) as well as fresh, so that you always have a supply on hand.
- Consider convenience when shopping. Buy pre-cut packages of fruit (such
as melon or pineapple chunks) for a healthy snack in seconds. Choose
packaged fruits that do not have added sugars.
For the best nutritional value:
- Make most of your choices whole or cut-up fruit
rather than juice, for the benefits dietary fiber provides.
- Select fruits with more potassium often, such
as bananas, prunes and prune juice, dried peaches and apricots, cantaloupe, honeydew melon, and orange juice.
- When choosing canned fruits, select fruit canned in
100% fruit juice or water rather than syrup.
- Vary your fruit choices. Fruits differ in nutrient content.