Top Ten Ways to Look Your Best over the Holidays
Expert tips to showcase the newer you
By Kathleen Zelman, MPH, RD, LD
Reviewed By Kathleen Zelman, MPH, RD, LD
Isn't it time to celebrate the new you and your successful weight loss with a new holiday outfit? Rewards are a key to success, so go shopping for those new clothes that will show off your new shape and keep you feeling terrific about your accomplishments! Let the experts show you how to accentuate your figure and help you look your best by following these tips:
1. Let menswear inspire you with a striped pantsuit nipped in at the waist for a feminine touch. Glam it up with a sexy camisole and high heels.
2. Layer monochromatic colors for an elegant and lean look. Black slacks, a V-neck shell and a loose-fitting cardigan to pull it all together.
3. Asian pajamas in a beautiful jewel tone would get them all talking about how great you look. The tunic style top is very flattering and slenderizing.
4. Wrap dresses in solid colors do wonders for the full figure. Choose one with a V neck and pair it with matching-colored heels for a "wow" look this holiday season.
5. The little black dress that fits you well is always a knockout and so slimming! Complement it with a great piece of jewelry or a fabulous scarf for a winning combination.
6. Warm yourself in a cowl-neck sweater that looks great over a long skirt to show off your nicely toned curves.
7. Use a chain belt hung low on your hips to add drama to a simple sweater or top. It will lengthen your torso while playing up the texture of your skirt or slacks.
8. Rich fabrics make you feel fabulous, treat yourself to one gorgeous top, bottom, or dress in a solid fabric that feels divine.
9. Jackets do wonders to dress up an outfit. Top yesteryear's outfit with an up-to-date jacket for a slenderizing and modern look.
10. A long, open vest over a same-color top paired with a small, plaid skirt is a great updated classic that elongates the torso and makes you look taller.
Originally published Dec. 12, 2003
©1996-2005 WebMD Inc. All rights reserved.
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions