Definition of Syndrome, Brown
Syndrome, Brown: An ophthalmology (eye) problem. Brown syndrome is an abnormality that is present at birth (congenitally) and is characterized by an inability to elevate the eyeball when trying to move the eyeball to the outside. Brown syndrome can also occur because of other conditions which affect the normal function of the eye muscles.
The syndrome is named for the American ophthalmologist Harold W. Brown.
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Back to MedTerms online medical dictionary A-Z List
Need help identifying pills and medications?
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions