Winter Super Foods: Cranberries: Recipes
WebMD Public Information from the Department of Health and Human Services
WebMD Weight Loss Clinic - Feature
Cranberry Vegetable Risotto | Cranberry Apple Crisp |
Cranberry Pie | Cranberry Turkey Salad |
CRANBERRY VEGETABLE RISOTTO
Our Advice: Journal as 1 cup starchy food or legumes + 1 teaspoon fat + 1 serving vegetables.
2 Tbsp butter
1 small onion, diced
3/4 cup Arborio rice
1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
1 cup sliced portabella mushrooms
1 cup diced asparagus
3/4 cup sweetened dried cranberries
2 Tbsp minced fresh basil
1 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Grease a medium casserole dish.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan. Add onion and cook over medium heat until soft.
- Add rice; cook for two minutes.
- Add broth; bring to a boil for two minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, except Parmesan cheese.
- Pour mixture into casserole dish. Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Stir in cheese. Serve immediately.
Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional analysis per serving: Calories 323, protein 8 grams, fat 7grams, calories from fat 20%, carbohydrates 57grams, cholesterol 17 milligrams, fiber 4g, sodium 233 milligrams.
CRANBERRY APPLE CRISP