Top 10 100-Calorie (or Fewer) Treats
Members share their quick and easy favorites
By Kathleen Zelman, MPH, RD, LD
Need a tasty treat in a hurry? Try one of these 100-calorie-or-fewer snack suggestions from members, posted on our Daily Journaling: Friends Talking message board. (Check labels to make sure the brands and portions you choose total 100 calories or fewer.)
1. One frozen Italian Ice treat
2. 1 1/2 cinnamon graham crackers
3. One serving fat-free chocolate pudding
4. 1 slice light bread with 1 tablespoon apple butter
5. Sugar-free gelatin with 1 teaspoon Lite Cool Whip
6. 4 ounces 2% cottage cheese
7. Popcorn cakes with a teaspoon of sugar-free jam
8. A handful of baked tortilla chips with salsa
9. Small container low-fat yogurt
10. Small serving low-fat cheese
Originally published Sept. 16, 2004.
©2005 WebMD Inc. All rights reserved.
Get the latest health and medical information delivered direct to your inbox FREE!