Light & Festive Cranberry Jell-O® Salad
A Pyrex or see-through 9x13-inch dish works well because you can see the colorful layers from the side.
- 1 (6-ounce) box Sugar Free Cranberry Jell-O® (makes 4 cups)
- 16-ounce can whole cranberry sauce
- 1 (6-ounce) box Lime Jell-O®
- 8 ounces light cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple (in juice), drained
- 8 ounces light Cool Whip® (or similar light topping)
- 2/3 cup walnut or pecan pieces
1. Stir 2 cups boiling water into cranberry Jell-O® powder in medium bowl, and stir until completely dissolved (about 2 minutes). Stir in 2 cups ice water. Then whisk in the can of cranberry sauce. Pour mixture into a 9x13-inch dish and, with your whisk, spread the cranberries so they are evenly distributed in the pan. Refrigerate 3-4 hours.
2. Stir 2 cups of boiling water into lime Jell-O® powder in medium bowl, and stir until completely dissolved (about 2 minutes). Whisk in the light cream cheese until mixture is creamy. Stir in 2 cups cold water and the pineapple. Slowly pour this mixture over the gelled cranberry layer. Put back in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours.
3. Just before serving, spread the light whipped topping over the top and sprinkle with walnut or pecan pieces.
Per serving with walnuts: 193 calories, 3.5 g protein, 28 g carbohydrate, 6 g fat, 3.5 g saturated fat, 6 mg cholesterol, 0.7 g fiber, 120 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 30%.
Per serving without walnuts: 164 calories, 2.5 g protein, 28 g carbohydrate, 4 g fat, 3.4 g saturated fat, 7 mg cholesterol, 0.4 g fiber, 119 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 22%.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Last Editorial Review: 11/18/2005