Our Somnoplasty Main Article provides a comprehensive look at the who, what, when and how of Somnoplasty
Definition of Somnoplasty
Somnoplasty: A surgical treatment to stop snoring.
Somnoplasty uses heat energy to remove tissues of the soft palate and the uvula (the flap at the back of the palate). Somnoplasty is usually done as an office procedure with local anesthesia.
Somnoplasty is not indicated for the treatment of sleep apnea.
Last Editorial Review: 8/28/2013
Back to MedTerms online medical dictionary A-Z List
Need help identifying pills and medications?
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions