Erection Problem Checklist
An occasional problem achieving an erection is nothing
to worry about. But failure to do so more than 50% of the time at any age may
indicate a condition that needs treatment. Are you at risk for erectile dysfunction (ED)? Take the following quiz and find out.
- Are you overweight? Yes or No
- Do you have any of the following conditions?
- Do you:
- Drink alcohol
- Use recreational drugs
- How often do you exercise?
- Once or twice a week
- A couple of times a month
- I never seem to get around to it
- How often do you feel stressed?
- Much of the time
- Overweight men are more likely to have ED
- Common causes of ED include nerve diseases,
psychological conditions and diseases that affect blood flow. A number of
prescription drugs and over-the-counter
drugs may also cause ED by affecting a man's hormones, nerves or blood
- Tobacco, alcohol and recreational drugs can all
damage a man's blood vessels and/or restrict blood flow to the penis, causing
- Regular exercise can reduce the risk of ED
- Stress and anxiety are leading causes of temporary ED