Assessing an Older Driver
Time to Park the Car?
Reviewed By Gary Vogin
Nov. 21, 2001 -- How can you determine if an elderly driver is no longer safe behind the wheel? The American Automobile Association Foundation for Traffic Safety offers these guidelines:
If the answer to any of these questions is yes, let the senior driver know you have concerns. Start a conversation about how the driver might sharpen skills. Or, if you think the driver should give up driving, seek help from his or her personal physician, the Department of Motor Vehicles, or others.
©1996-2005 WebMD Inc. All rights reserved.
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions