A Guy's Guide to Skin Protection
Before you worship the sun, learn how to avoid a burn.
By Michael Alvear
You've got three choices when it comes to protecting your skin from the sun. To avoid painful burns, premature aging, and potentially lethal skin cancer, you can stay indoors (not much fun), you can keep fully covered in dark clothing and a wide-brimmed hat (not very stylish), or, you can slather on the sunscreen from head to toe.
How can you choose from the shelves full of products? Like many men, you might fear "analysis paralysis" when you take a walk down a drugstore aisle full of products.
Here's our advice:
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions