How to Feel at Ease at the Gym
May 29, 2000 -- If you're a woman who feels intimidated or uncomfortable about working out in a gym, put yourself at ease with the following strategies, recommended by Chicago trainer CC Cunningham, a spokeswoman for the American Council on Exercise.
Suzanne Schlosberg is the co-author of Fitness for Dummies, second edition, (IDG Books Worldwide, 2000) and author of the Ultimate Workout Log, second edition, (Houghton Mifflin, 1999) and a freelance writer in Santa Monica, Calif.
©1996-2005 WebMD Inc. All rights reserved.
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions