Your Guide to Gum Disease Symptoms and Heart Dis (cont.)
Other conditions and problems can increase your risk of developing periodontal disease. They include:
Here are some tips to prevent gum disease and dental problems:
"The good news is that, with a commonsense approach, periodontal disease is totally preventable," says Cram. Which may turn out to be great news for your heart as well.
Published April 4, 2005.
SOURCES: Gordon Douglass, DDS, past president, American Academy of Periodontology. Sally Cram, DDS, spokeswoman, American Dental Association. The Cleveland Clinic. American Heart Association. American Dental Association. American Academy of Periodontology.
©1996-2005 WebMD Inc. All rights reserved.
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions