Sleep Disorders: Drug Treatments
In some cases, doctors will prescribe medicines for the treatment of sleep disorders. Medications should be used in combination with good sleep practices and/or behavioral treatments.
Medications are often prescribed for short-term use.
Types of Medications Used to Treat Sleep Disorders
Listed below are some of the types of drugs used to treat sleep disorders. Your doctor can prescribe the appropriate medication for your particular sleep disorder.
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions