Mother Knows Best
Mom deserves a lot more credit than we give her. Here are 10 things that she got right.
By Laurie Barclay
The hand that rocks the cradle is the hand that rules the world, wrote William Ross Wallace in 1865. And still today, Mother deserves a lot more credit than we sometimes give her.
While we're honoring Mom with cards, flowers, and Sunday brunch, let's take a moment to reflect on all we owe her, especially where our health is concerned.
As much as we might hate to admit it, it turns out she was right all along about lots of those down-home notions that made us groan as we were growing up.
Here's a brief sampling, organized to spell out MOTHER'S DAY:
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions