What Color Is Your Diet?
What Color Is Your Diet? is a diet for health, especially cancer prevention. It's not specifically a weight-loss diet. But as it warns against sugars and fats, promotes exercise, and encourages sensible portions of healthy foods, a person following the diet would eventually lose excess weight.
What Color Is Your Diet? author David Heber, MD, PhD, is no lightweight in terms of academic credentials. He's the founding director of the UCLA Center for Human Nutrition.
If its natural color is intense, it's on the menu. We're talking red tomatoes here, not red meat. The basic idea is to eat a lot of different vegetables and fruits -- about a pound a day.
On the menu:
Off the menu:
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions