Eye Care for People With Diabetes
Eye care is especially important for people with diabetes because they are at increased risk of developing eye complications from the disease. Blindness is 20 times more common in people with diabetes.
All people with diabetes should take precautions to help reduce their risk of developing eye problems. Here are some eye care tips.
When Should I Call the Eye Doctor?
You should make an appointment to see your eye doctor immediately if you experience any of the following symptoms:
Reviewed by the doctors at The Cleveland Clinic Cole Eye Institute.
Edited by Charlotte E. Grayson, MD, WebMD, October 2004.
Last Editorial Review: 6/21/2005
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions