Prescription Drug Benefits: Year 2006
WebMD Medical Reference
On January 1, 2006, the new Medicare prescription drug plan -- also called Medicare Part D -- will be available to people with Medicare. This will give you some insurance coverage for brand name and generic prescription drugs. Medicare will work with insurers and other private companies to offer a number of different plans.
You'll have quite a few options. You will be able to:
The 2006 drug benefit will replace the temporary drug discount cards issued in 2004.
How does it work?
There are many different plans, and the specifics vary. But here's one example:
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions